Unplanned school closings are usually related to winter weather, but can occur for a number of other reasons, such as power failures, or flooding. Please take time in advance to determine your individual plan for your children when schools are closed or begin late (snow schedule). The following information outlines how Ladue Schools makes decisions and communicates regarding school closings and Snow Schedule days.
The following types of communication are used to alert parents and staff of school closings, snow schedule days and early dismissals.
- Local Media: KSDK TV (Channel 5); KMOV TV (Channel 4); Fox2 TV (Channel 2); and KMOX Radio (AM 1120)
- Phone call and text message made through the district’s ParentSquare system (314-983-5500) to the primary contact number for all students and staff
- District Website Home Page
- District Answering Machine: 314-994-7080
- Twitter: @LadueSchools or @LadueSupe
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ladueschools
- Ladue Schools Mobile App Push Notification
Snow Schedule School Times
There are times when roads in the early morning hours are too dangerous for schools to start at the usual time, but are anticipated to clear at a later point. The district will consider starting later on these days (snow schedule) so students do not miss an entire day of school. Snow Schedule days will be announced through the same communication methods as noted above.
All schools will begin one hour and fifteen minutes later than usual, as follows:
|High School:||8:45 a.m.|
|Middle School:||9:25 a.m.|
|Fifth Grade Center||8:45 a.m.|
|Elementary Schools:||10:05 a.m.|
|Ladue Early Childhood Center||10:15 a.m.|
Before & After School Care
There will be no before or after school care when schools are closed due to inclement weather, Snow Schedule or Early Dismissal days.
Snow Schedule Bus Times
Bus schedules will run one hour and fifteen minutes late. Calculate what this means for your child. As always, buses can run slightly early or late and it’s a good idea to have your students at their stop five minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
School Closings and Snow Schedule Decisions
- Every attempt is made to make decisions prior to 5:30 a.m.
- All ParentSquare calls and messages will be delivered within 20-25 minutes of the decision. There is no practical way to change call delivery times to suit the preferences of individual schools, families or people.
- It is important for the district to have accurate primary contact information for all families. Please make sure you have chosen the number you would like to have called in the case of school closings as your primary number. You can check or change this information through your student’s school building office.
- It is not possible to remove the contact information from the school closing call list without removing the contact information from the calling system entirely. The district highly recommends against removing an entire family from the calling system. Emergencies of all types can occur and may require the district to get in touch with groups of parents and guardians very quickly.
- The district’s primary concern is keeping students safe and the severity of winter storms can be very unpredictable. As a result, decisions must be made with all students in mind. While your driveway, street or neighborhood may be fine, other roads in the district may pose problems for pedestrians, buses or staff members coming to work.