Web Accessibility Statement
Thank you for using the Ladue School District website as a resource. We seek to understand and respect the needs of our diverse community.It is our goal for everyone who visits our website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
We strive to make our website as accessible and usable as possible. We do this by following Section 508 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C, the web's governing body).
Section 508 is a legal requirement, and WCAG is a set of checkpoints and guidelines that help ensure that websites are designed and written properly. For example:
- Images have alternative text (so if you can't see the image you can still read the text).
- Color contrast between the foreground and background is sufficiently strong.
- Text resizes according to user preference.
- Headings are correctly used (they're not just ordinary text made to look big and bold).
- Links make sense by themselves (e.g., no links that just say "Click here" or "More...").
- Tables are used for laying out tabular information and have proper headings and summaries.
- For those familiar with Section 508 and WCAG, we aim for AA compliance across our site.
How are we doing?
We've worked hard on the Ladue School District website and believe we've achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We regularly monitor our website and perform accessibility checks for all new content to maintain website accessibility standards.
Report an Issue on the Website
If you encounter any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the URL (web address) of the material or page you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and include your contact information. You can get the URL by going back to the page and then copying the URL from the address bar of your browser.
For example, you may wish to tell us about:
- Broken hyperlinks
- Out-of-date phone numbers or addresses
- Mistakes in our content
- Pages on our website that do not display properly
- Functionality on our website that is not working correctly
We will research your inquiry and provide the information you are seeking. Thank you for helping us improve ladueschools.net.
If you have any type of disability, we recommend you visit the FCC Accessibility Clearinghouse and the Access Board website. You'll find expert advice such as alternative screen readers, screen magnifiers, and other devices that can make using a computer easier and more enjoyable.
We also recommend that you visit AbilityNet's My Computer My Way, which provides advice on making your computer accessible.