School Closing Information
Unplanned school closings are usually related to winter weather but can occur for many other reasons, such as power failures or flooding. Please take time in advance to determine your individual plan for your children when schools are closed. The following information outlines how Ladue School District makes decisions and communicates regarding school closings.
The following types of communication are used to alert parents and staff of school closings, late start/snow schedule days, and early dismissals.
- Local Media: KSDK TV (Channel 5); KMOV TV (Channel 4); Fox2 TV (Channel 2); and KMOX Radio (AM 1120)
- The decision will be communicated to staff and parents via ParentSquare (phone call from (314) 983-5500, text, email, and app notification).
- District Website Home Page
- District Answering Machine: (314) 994-7080
- Twitter: @LadueSchools
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ladueschools
Before & After School Care (BASK)
There will be no before or after school care when schools are closed due to inclement weather or Early Dismissal days.
- Every attempt is made to make decisions before 5:30 a.m.
- The decision will be communicated to staff and parents via ParentSquare (phone call, text, email, and app notification). There is no practical way to change call delivery times to suit the preferences of individual schools, families, or people. Individuals can make adjustments to their notification preferences in ParentSquare to determine which methods (phone call, text, email, and/or app) to receive notifications and the frequency (instant or digest).
- It is important for the district to have accurate contact information for all families. Please make sure you have chosen the number you would like to have called in the case of school closings as your primary number. You can check or change this information through your student’s school building office.
- It is not possible to remove the contact information from the school closing call list without removing the contact information from the calling system entirely. The district highly recommends against removing an entire family from the calling system. Emergencies of all types can occur and may require the district to get in touch with groups of parents and guardians very quickly.
- The district’s primary concern is keeping students safe, and the severity of winter storms can be very unpredictable. As a result, decisions must be made with all students in mind. While your driveway, street, or neighborhood may be fine, other roads in the district may pose problems for pedestrians, buses, or staff members coming to work.