Student Services is part of, and supports, the Curriculum & Instruction Department and plays a vital role in ensuring the needs of all students are met and that the district remains in compliance with the many county, state and federal guidelines and laws that govern us. For more information related to this department please visit the Student Services site.
The responsibilities of the department include:
- Coordination with Special School District
- Coordination with Collaborative School
- Counseling, psychological and social services
- English as a Second Language (ESOL) programming
- Health services
- Homeless student support
- Residency verification, procedures and dispute resolution
- Special education services
- Standardized assessment coordination
- Student attendance and enrollment
- Student discipline
- Student record maintenance
- Summer school programming
In addition, the head of the department, Dr. Derrick Wallace, also serves as the district’s federal compliance officer for Section 504, FERPA, Title IX, ADA, and the McKinney Vento Act.